National Pest Management Association (NPMA) has designated this week (March 13-19, 2016) as Termite Awareness Week to inform homeowners and the public about this destructive pest.
Some alarming facts and stats about Termites:
- Termites cost homeowners more than $5 billion dollars in damage every year!
- Termites can invade your home through a 1/16th inch gap
- A Termite Colony can contain 1 million termites
- It’s common for 2 or more colonies to invade a home
- Termite Damage is rarely covered by Homeowners Insurance
- Winged Termites (known as swarmers) are often mistaken for winged ants
Termites are hard to detect. Swarmers, mud tubes and damaged wood are three signs you may have a termite problem. Here at Millette Pest Control, we offer a Termite Inspection. If you suspect you have a termite infestation – don’t wait – call Millette Pest Control – your local Connecticut Termite Exterminator professional today.